There’s nothing quite as exquisite as a well-made space cake, which combines a passion for excellent cuisine and excellent cannabis. So here’s how to make one. A space cake is every bit as delicious as it sounds. Imagine your favorite cake infused with the energizing and lively power of marijuana! Space cakes are prevalent in Amsterdam coffeeshops, where they may be purchased in one form or another, and have become increasingly popular among consumers who desire to get high but without attracting unwanted attention.
We’ve created an out-of-this-world cake recipe that you may make yourself in order to reflect this.
A space cake is as out-of-this-world as its name implies. A space cake is any kind of cake that has been infused with cannabis, according to the Amsterdam marijuana trade. While the space cake category offers limitless possibilities, they are most often represented by a dense slice of pound cake.
Pound cake is the ideal container for fat-loving THC due to its high butter content and ease of creation. Continue reading for a marijuana space cake recipe that will make your day.
What is Space Cake?
A cannabis edible cake is referred to as a “Space Cake.” It refers to using activated cannabis ingredients to create a cake. The infusion is most commonly made with cannabis butter, but marijuana oil and milk are also common additions when infusing the cake with Cannabis.
The Effects of Edibles
This is a fantastic substitute for smoking marijuana since it gives the same sensations of being “high” without any of the negative health effects linked with traditional combustion methods. Furthermore, this process will not damage your lungs. Edibles take 1 to 4 hours to work and can last up to 8 hours or more depending on the amount of dose given. If you want to learn more about how cannabis edibles affect you, click here for our in-depth analysis of their effects.
Space Cake Pro-Tips
Before we get into baking, let’s discuss a few pro-tips that will lead you to stellar success.
- Scrape down your bowl. After each step, be sure to scrape the sides so that all of the ingredients get evenly incorporated.
- Do not over-bake your space cake. If you leave your cake in the oven for too long, it will become a very dry cake and toughen the overall texture.
- Try space muffins instead of space cake. If you don’t have a 9×5 loaf pan or would simply rather have single-serving space muffins, this recipe makes mouthwatering muffins. Just be sure to butter and flour your muffin tins and then bake them for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (a few moist crumbs is okay).
- Make it your own. This recipe is flavored with vanilla but you can easily swap in whichever flavors you like to make it your own. Try fresh lemon juice or maple syrup or even add in poppy seeds, shredded coconut, nuts, or really whatever your heart desires. This recipe is easily adaptable to your taste and preferences — so get high and get creative with it!
Space Cake Recipe
Ingredients: (makes about 12 slices)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter/cannabutter (the amount/ratio is up to your desired dosage, just make sure to use 1 cup of butter total)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9×5 inch baking tin or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder then set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or handheld mixer (even a fork will do in a pinch) and cream the butter and cannabutter. Add in the sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl down the sides of the bowl and beat a few more seconds.
- Add the eggs in one at a time and mix one at a time until fully combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Next, add the sour cream and vanilla, and mix well. Scrape that bowl down again.
- Add the flour mixture into your wet mixture and stir until combined. Scrape down the bowl one final time and make sure that any lingering butter has been fully incorporated.
- Transfer the batter into the 9×5 baking tin and smooth out the surface until it looks fairly even. Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until the center is set and a skewer comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are perfectly normal).
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing it and transferring it to a cooling rack. If kept in an airtight container, this cake will stay fresh for about 3 days on the counter. It may also be frozen to eat at a later time.
That’s it! From the comforts of your own home, you may master this space cake. This cake is delicious on its own, but feel free to add any frosting or a lemon glaze if desired. In the comments section below, let us know what you think!
Lemon shining silver haze
Lemon Shining Silver Haze is a lovely accent to any room cake. When smoked, this powerful strain produces a scent of fresh lemons, which complements the flavor of any dish with a lemon undertone. This sativa strain puts the mind into overdrive, allowing for more creative thinking and increased mood and concentration. Before long periods of work and creative activity, eating a Lemon Haze space cake is an excellent idea. THC levels in this strain range from 15 to 20 percent, with highs ranging from moderate to very powerful. The euphoric, uplifting, happy, and energetic high that the Lemon Haze strain provides will be experienced after eating half of a slice of Lemon Haze cake within the first hour of polishing it off.
Lemon Haze is a simple-to-grow variety that delivers high yields. She grows to around 180cm tall and takes 7–9 weeks to bloom. Her blooms are absolutely beautiful, with a lustrous layer of resin overlayed by brilliant orange calyxes.